Diploma in Online Counselling & Psychotherapy
Cohort 6 start date, April 2018, days to be confirmed
The next two Diploma courses in Online Counselling & Psychotherapy, will start in September 2017, one being a daytime course and the other an evening course. Each will run for 24 weeks with a break in December / Janauary. The course involves 287 hours of teaching, workshops, personal study time, supervision, personal therapy and online client work. It will involve participants in a mixture of tutorials, supervision, personal and group study, online personal therapy and working with clients.
Most of our students are already very experienced therapists and choose to do the course to either develop their own online practice or on behalf of an organisation that is planning or already running an online service.
Every person chooses our course for their own reasons. This course’s aims are geared around ensuring that you fulfil your chosen goals for the course. For this reason we have opted for an external examiner rather than external validation, so that we can be more flexible about our students’ learning needs. If you’re setting up an online schools based service you’ll have a very different set of goals than if you’re setting up an online psychoanalytic psychotherapy private practice. Whatever the reason you chose to do our course, you will negotiate your goals and the focus of your coursework with your tutor to be sure that we help you fulfil your goals and prepare you fully for your chosen online therapy setting.
- This course will be taught in English and is open to professionals from all countries. You will be required to be able to study and communicate well in English for acceptance to the course.
- Teaching and supervision will be via a blend of email, live chat and video.
Topics will include
- Risk assessment and management of your online practice
- Contracting, security, confidentiality and jurisdiction
- Setting up a website, social media presence and developing a social media policy
- Therapeutic use of email, live chat and video
- The online therapeutic alliance
- Using a variety of online platforms
- Individual and group therapeutic work
- Adapting your face to face training… and much more.